Koehler & Dramm is the leader in the wholesale floral industry because of our partnership with the retail florist and also the dedicated employees who work here.
Why would you want to be employed by Koehler & Dramm?
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Owned Since 2000
Medical & Dental Insurance Offered
Vacation Time & Holidays
Directly accessible by Metro Transit Bus Lines
Please submit inquiries to email@example.com
Koehler and Dramm, the nation’s premier wholesale distributor of quality fresh cut flowers, floral supplies, and plants for over 50 years, is seeking a highly motivated, well organized SALES PROFESSIONAL to join our team.
Put your sales skills to work in a fun, fast-paced and exciting environment. You must have a passion for superior customer service, be self-motivated, and driven by great income potential. Previous sales experience a must, floral experience helpful, but not necessary. We will provide you with the tools to succeed.
Position Overview: This position is primarily responsible for, but not limited to, the initiation of telephone sales calls and in-house sales for fresh flowers and hardgoods. Also responsible for care and handling of fresh flower merchandise, reporting inventory concerns and providing customer feedback on product to management and Buyers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for developing and implementing methods to strengthen customer relationships to promote sales, expand current customer lists, and provide outstanding customer service according to company goals.
- Responsible for the care and handling of fresh flower merchandise and reporting inventory problems to management.
- Fill customer orders, prepare invoices and assure quality of product for delivery.
- To maintain and increase sales volume with established accounts and prospects by formulating and following planned sales strategies and company marketing programs. Ensure optimum profitability and sales penetration with the assigned accounts.
- Aggressively carry out marketing programs for Fresh Flowers and Hardgoods as directed. Provide information to customer on new and current products and anticipate their future needs.
- Maintain up-to-date customer profiles, notes and records in accordance with Sales Manager’s instructions. Communicate with Credit Manager any financial concerns that you encounter with our customers.
- Submit special reports as required regarding the activity of accounts and/or special situations.
- To assume the obligation of self-improvement of sales skills and education as to improve the ability and effectiveness on the job.
- Develop a written action plan to reach goals (to grow sales and self).
- Personally go out and visit customers once a month (with the exception of holidays).
- Document personal goals.
- Analyze each customer’s individual needs and formulate solutions by utilizing all resources made available by the company.
- Resolve customer service problems as required. Escalate to management when appropriate.
- Promote our Plant Department and transfer calls to Plant Specialists.
- Communicate with Buyers at least one week prior to needing special orders.
- Meet Bouquet and Arrangement deadlines.
- Be a team player to insure good customer service and maintain K & D reputation.
- Pull and pack orders as needed to get orders out on time.
- Turn over accounts that are not being developed to their full potential.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma; College Degree Preferred.
- One (1) year of sales experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations, including division, multiplication and discount percentages.
- An “eye” for color is necessary when buying and selling fresh flowers.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, customers, and outside contacts is essential.
- Ability to perform continuous physical effort up to eight (8) hours, including frequent bending, walking, standing, overhead lifting (40+ lbs.) and floor to waist lifting (75+ lbs.) in order to move merchandise within the store.
- Ability to work overtime without prior notice.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet a multitude of deadlines.
- Ability to recognize priorities and carry out company procedures.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.